[Gta04-owner] [Neil Jerram] Re: QTMoko v45 bugs

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Thu Jun 28 08:54:32 CEST 2012

On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 05:27:37 PM Gabor Laszlo wrote:

> I enabled logging and got
> /usr/sbin/pppd: the remote system (dialup6542625957) is required to
> authenticate itself but I couldn't find any suitable secret password
> for it to use to do so.

For me i had to always enter some dummy username and password in order to have
gprs working...

> at the very least toggling the keyboard on and off should be one
> click, and it should remember its state

Sure. Btw there is icon for this on top bar, but this icon is sometimes not
enabled. E.g. when you write SMS it's there but in terminal it's hidden. It's
easy to fix it so that it's always visible:

	 nano /opt/qtmoko/etc/themes/finxi/title.xml

find line with "inputmethods-plugin" and remove the "active" attribute. I did
it already in git [1] so it will be part of v46.

Btw if you need just qwerty keyboard you can simple remove the other layout:

	rm /opt/qtmoko/etc/im/svgkbd/abc.svg

After restart you will have just qwerty.

Regards

Radek

[1]
https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/commit/f1a116f6360d9214c2623cb45e2083aaae5dc9d3