[Gta04-owner] [Neil Jerram] Re: QTMoko v45 bugs

Gabor Laszlo glaszlo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:27:37 CEST 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 07:03:53 PM Gabor Laszlo wrote:
>
>> I just moved from 44 to 45 on my GTA02 - relatively painless, migrated
>> /home and presto.
>> But GPRS isn't working - it did on 44, and it didn't on 45 before the
>> migration, I was hoping the old settings would fix it.
>> When I go into Internet, choose GPRS and select Start, it flashes to
>> 'Pending' for a split second, then back to 'Offline'.
>> How can I debug this/which logs would you need?
>
> You can try enabling "Modem at commands" and "Networking" categories. Logging
> goes to /var/log/messages.
I enabled logging and got
/usr/sbin/pppd: the remote system (dialup6542625957) is required to
authenticate itself but I couldn't find any suitable secret password
for it to use to do so.

>> Another thing is that the keyboard doesn't stay on qwerty, and the
>> other one is useless to me. Can I go back to the old keyboard? this
>> one is painful, keeps jumping around and covers the screen.
>
> Right, it's just first version. I hope i will have time to improve it - my plan
> is to add switch which makes it 2x smaller and dock it.

at the very least toggling the keyboard on and off should be one
click, and it should remember its state

--
We are born wet, naked and hungry.
Then things get worse.