[Gta04-owner] QT V45 - First impression

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Jun 23 00:16:33 CEST 2012

On Friday 22 June 2012 17:54:57 calypso at riseup.net wrote:

> - Calling somebody produces an 5 lines of (ugly) text-output on the
> screen : "gsm-voice-routing started ... broken pipe"

I have now GTA04A4. Many thanks to Christ van Willegen for the donation! So we
need kernel that does HW sound routing + some more work and we can get rid of
the routing program for A4.

> - Although with disabled bluetooth my battery drains in less the 24h
> standby. Is it due to my old battery or are there more energy saving
> options I could switch on ?

You can check how healthy is your battery in NeoContol application. You might
be interested in:

Charge full: this should be 1200000 for new battery, with age it decreases
Cycle count:

> - One major issue which kept me away from installing QT on GTA04 is the
> backup/restore or synchronizing problem. I found "QTBackup" but the
> qtbackup.conf is missing. And the instructions on the web sound not very
> promising (was V15):
> http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td3819776
>
> Is there another way for synchronizing or is it just "one way on an
> island"?

You can export contacts to vcf file and import them. SMS are stored in mail
format, but i dont have any experience with syncing them.

> - The new keyboard really! enhances the usability.
> First SMS I sent without the little plastic pencil.
> Maybe the option discussed earlier on this list with a single capital
> letter for german input could find its way into the language option?

Yup, it would be nice if it could download the layout after you select
language. I'd prefer if the keyboards were debian packaged. They could be
easily installed then.

> So thanks for the great work! QTV45 is really cute!

Thanks, nice to hear you like it.

Regards

Radek