[Gta04-owner] QTMoko v45 bugs

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Jun 16 10:27:28 CEST 2012

On Saturday 16 June 2012 04:04:17 Kevin Hremeviuc wrote:

> I have been using the gta04 QTMoko v45 for a couple of days now and have
> found a couple of bugs:
>
> 1. Suspend does not seem to be working. Tapping on the screen wakes the
> device up. Since the screen can easily be bumped this could waste a lot of
> energy, especially if I have the phone in my jeans pocket. If this is a
> suspended state then my battery usage rate is too high - I have about
> 16hrs before it is flat. I am in a weak reception area - would this
> consume a significant amount of power?

Screen tap should not wake GTA04 - so it looks the device is not really
suspended.

How are you suspending it? I am always locking the screen - the phone suspends
then after 10s. For me this works very good. GTA04 should remain 2 days in
suspend with fresh battery.

I think i will add indicator for current_now to the home screen, so that you
can see how much milliamps the phone draws from battery (you can see it now in
NeoControl application).

> 2. I am not receiving SMSes. The screen turns on, there is no sound and
> there is no message saying that an SMS has been received. When I restart
> just QTMoko using the menu I then get a message that an SMS has been
> received.

Is this reproducible? Can you provide log with "Modem AT commands" category
enabled?

I think i saw something like this too, but SMS are working mostly ok for me.

> 3. Sometimes, incoming phone calls don't result in any ring tone sound but
> the call is actually received.

So it works except that the ringtone does not play? Does it vibrate?

> 4. Sometimes, after a couple of suspends, the phone goes to sleep and can
> not be woken up.

My phone suspends/resumes very reliably.

> Is it just me having these issues? How many people are using QTMoko v45
> actively?

That would be interesting to know. Is anyone using GTA04 as his daily phone?

Regards

Radek