[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v45

Michele Brocco ssj2micvm at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 13:49:07 CEST 2012

On 6/14/12, Sven Dyroff <S.Dyroff at phytec.de> wrote:
> Hello Radek,
>
> thank you very much! I was very curious to try out your new keyboards at
> once. So I flashed the new SD card image, booted the GTA04A4, called
> "notes" from "applications" and played with them. My result: Absolutely
> great! These keyboards are a real big step forward in usability of Qtmoko!
>
> After that I had one more note in the list, but I didn't need it because
> it was just for testing. So I called the menu in order to delete it again.
> Result: System hangs and had to be restarted!
>
> Again I called "notes" from "applications". My note had indeed been
> removed from the list. I choosed "new" from the menu, created another note
> just for testing with success. Then I once more choosed "delete" from the
> menu. Result: System hangs! Calling and working with the task manager was
> still possible, but after leaving it, system hangs! Had to be restarted.
>
> Hoping you still have time and much pleasure in doing work for Qtmoko...
> :-))
>
> Best regards,
>    Sven
>

> Von:    Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz>
> An:     community at lists.openmoko.org
> Kopie:  gta04-owner at goldelico.com
> Datum:  12.06.2012 22:40
> Betreff:        [Gta04-owner] QtMoko v45
> Gesendet von:   gta04-owner-bounces at goldelico.com
>

> Hi,
> QtMoko v45 is out now. You can get images for GTA02 (Freerunner) here[1]
> and
> GTA04 (Phoenux) here[2].
>
> For more info about QtMoko please visit our homepage [3].
>
> This is list of changes since previous v44 version:
>
>   * fixed wifi password not saving problem
>   * new big transparent keyboard
>   * GTA04 has new 3.4 kernel thanks to Neil Brown
>   * GTA04 has now vibra motor support
>   * show atmospheric pressure on home screen on GTA04 (Neil Jerram)
>   * removed all other input methods from build
>   * display wifi icon in title bar
>   * run ping on default DNS when wifi icon is clicked
>   * gps icon in title bar with number of satellites and fix indicator
>   * gps has now api for number of satellites
>   * gps plugin for GTA04 now makes gps always enabled
>   * GTA04 charge indicator is polling battery every 30s
>   * GTA02 gps - checking for ntpserver available with ping (Jiri Pinkava)
>   * qterminal can now run scripts using setDocument() api method
>   * scripts for powering on/off modem on GTA04A04
>   * charging udev rules for GTA04 (Neil Brown)
>   * options to boot from all mmc partitions in shutdown ui
>   * build fixes and various code improvements (Yann Dirson)
>   * added new freecell game
>
> Probably most noticeable is new keyboard. It has two layouts - one
> suitable
> for terminal and one for SMS. They look like this:
>
>                  http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/screenshots/abc.png
>                  http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/screenshots/qwerty.png
>
> Layouts are completely customizable. You can easily change key size,
> [...]

Hi Radek,

thank you so much for the update! I like the keyboard idea!

I noticed just a small thing, but perhaps this happened with earlier
versions of qtmoko as well and I only noticed it now: hang up is not
working correctly. When i call a landline and hang up, the landline
phone does not stop ringing. If I once i hung up answer the lanline
phone, the line says busy.
If I don't answer and during landline ringing I call another new
number on my gta04 it actually calls the old number. After the
landline number hangs up, the phone then calls the new number which
probably was previously put in a queue. Quite complicated but hope it
is more or less clear what I mean :)

Regards and thanks again,

Michele