[Gta04-owner] Fwd: [beagleboard] Kernel 3.5rc1 - RobertCNelson

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Wed Jun 13 08:48:09 CEST 2012

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:21:20 +0200 Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Neil,
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM, NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> wrote:
> > On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:18:21 +0200 "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller"
> > <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> >> Looks to be an interesting sister-project to get ideas how
> >> to make the 3.5 kernel work on the GTA04.
> >
> > I had no more than the normal problems getting 3.5-rc2 to work on my GTA04.
> > If they are tripping over issues specific to their card, there is little we
> > can do to help.
> If you can put 3.5-rcxx to your github would be nice. in 3.5 there is
> driver for hmc5883 included
> so I can proceed bit in this area. I try to do it by myself but just
> stuck with merging :(. Thanks.

I've just pushed my current working tree into gta04/mainline on github.

It is rather messy and has some developmental code I've been working on.
I might get a chance to tidy it up later today ... or I might not.

I haven't updated defconfig yet.  But I suspect you can figure that stuff out.

It boots and lots of stuff works, but I'm not sure that everything works.
In particular I don't think it wakes from suspend - haven't had a chance to
look into that yet.

NeilBrown