[Gta04-owner] painting & earpiece speaker

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jun 12 22:44:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

Am 12.06.2012 um 21:19 schrieb Hermann Schwärzler:

> Hello Everybody!
>
> I received my GTA04 (incl. display) about 2 weeks ago. Thank you for the good work! :-) Unfortunately I did not find time to test it until now, but hope to be able to do so any time soon.
>
> Recently I received the 3D-printed case of "slyon" from shapeways. I chose white strong & flexible as material. The case looks really good and fits perfectly. But the surface is rather rough and I see now why you say it "Gets dirty easily", Lukas. So I am thinking about varnishing the outer surfaces. I found a tutorial at shapeways [1]. Does anybody have any experience with this?
>
> I am not an owner of an openmoko device so I am lacking the antennas for GPS and UMTS/GSM (I have put them on my wish-list). That's no problem right now, as for the time being I am planning to use my GTA04 as a mobile computer/internet device plus as a voip phone if possible. But what I really would like to have soon is an earpiece speaker. Do you have any idea where I can find one? Is there an electr(on)ically and mechanically compatible component available somewhere (e.g. at reichelt or rs-components)?

We have searched and searched and only found out that the original part was from Philips Vienna, which became NXP Audio and was sold last year to Knowles. During this mergers&acquisitions their portfolio was thinned out and Knowles now has no mechanically and acoustically compatible earpiece speaker :(

The original part specs are: 32 Ohm, 110+-2DB 8.1 x 2.25MM Philips 2403 263 00007

There is one spare parts reseller in Sweden having the speakers since they have also been used in one Asus phone (or PDA?):

http://www.asusparts.eu/product_info.php?products_id=10750

But I don't know if this can be recommended.

For the case kit we plan to use something different but it is not completely decided.

Hope this helps a little,