[Gta04-owner] painting & earpiece speaker

Hermann Schwärzler hermann.schwaerzler at chello.at
Tue Jun 12 21:19:57 CEST 2012

Hello Everybody!

I received my GTA04 (incl. display) about 2 weeks ago. Thank you for the
good work! :-) Unfortunately I did not find time to test it until now,
but hope to be able to do so any time soon.

Recently I received the 3D-printed case of "slyon" from shapeways. I
chose white strong & flexible as material. The case looks really good
and fits perfectly. But the surface is rather rough and I see now why
you say it "Gets dirty easily", Lukas. So I am thinking about varnishing
the outer surfaces. I found a tutorial at shapeways [1]. Does anybody
have any experience with this?

I am not an owner of an openmoko device so I am lacking the antennas for
GPS and UMTS/GSM (I have put them on my wish-list). That's no problem
right now, as for the time being I am planning to use my GTA04 as a
mobile computer/internet device plus as a voip phone if possible. But
what I really would like to have soon is an earpiece speaker. Do you
have any idea where I can find one? Is there an electr(on)ically and
mechanically compatible component available somewhere (e.g. at reichelt
or rs-components)?

Greetings
Hermann

[1] http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/painting3dprintedsls