[Gta04-owner] Fwd: [beagleboard] Kernel 3.5rc1 - RobertCNelson

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Jun 12 13:02:41 CEST 2012

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 07:18:21 +0200 "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller"
<hns at goldelico.com> wrote:

> Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:
>
> > Von: CJNZ <cjpostor at gmail.com>
> > Datum: 12. Juni 2012 06:21:30 MESZ
> > An: beagleboard at googlegroups.com
> > Betreff: [beagleboard] Kernel 3.5rc1 - RobertCNelson
> > Antwort an: beagleboard at googlegroups.com
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to get 3.5rc1 Kernel working from RobertCNelson's great git hub.
> > https://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev
> >
> > The unit is booting but hangs at:
> > [    2.087036] Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2...
> >
> > Are there any things that have changed in 3.5 that might cause this to break?
> > I have more or less transferred everything from a working 3.2.16 kernel - with a few tweaks here and there.
> > I'm hoping there is some known issue that I may have missed that someone knows about?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > CJ
>
> Looks to be an interesting sister-project to get ideas how
> to make the 3.5 kernel work on the GTA04.

I had no more than the normal problems getting 3.5-rc2 to work on my GTA04.
If they are tripping over issues specific to their card, there is little we
can do to help.

> I also noted that there are patches for the SGX and DSP drivers.

That certainly might be interesting.

> Maybe someone with more experience in these things can
> take a look inside.

More experience, and more time!!

:-)

NeilBrown