[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v38 for GTA04 with suspend and GSM calls

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 31 15:20:23 CET 2012

On Tuesday 31 January 2012 12:01:55 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> while testing some boards with our arecord | aplay scripts I observed
> that the ringing tone of the phone being called is transmitted after
> several seconds.
>
> Let me try an explanation:
> * arecord on the microphone starts immediately filling the pipe
> * aplay towards the modem does not start before it gets clocked
> * this is only when the connection is accepted
> * this may delay up to 5 seconds
> * arecord on the modem does start at the same moment
> * and aplay on the phone sees an empty pipe until then
>
> So, the filling level of the pipe
> microphone -> CPU -> pipe -> CPU -> modem
>
> is up to 5 seconds with sound - before the phone call is
> established. This includes recording the ringing tone of
> my landline phone :)

I think i can confirm it. While i was testing the scripts i ran them manually -
but always during call and that was ok. But now the scripts are automatically
launched possibly before the call (but you can start and stop them during call
which should fix the situation then).

Also my wife complained that i was answering questions while she was already
asking another thing ;-)

Regards

Radek