[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v38 for GTA04 with suspend and GSM calls
psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Jan 29 14:45:17 CET 2012
qtmoko v38 for GTA04 is now available for download from here . Version for
Freerunner will follow as soon as it compiles. For more information about
qtmoko please visit our homepage.
Changes from previous version:
* fixed launching apps with arguments from .desktop files
* gta04 is based on 3.2 kernel now
* gta04 uses bq27000 battery driver now
* gta04 display brightness can be now adjusted
* gta04 much better sound routing
* gta04 uses state files for switching audio scenarios
* gta04 can suspend
* gta04 modem does not report signal quality in suspend
* cleaned up debian packages (Gilles Filippini)
* fixed many compile warnings (Gilles Filippini)
* alsa state files are now part of qtmoko.deb (Gilles Filippini)
* using /sbin/wpa_supplicant now (Gilles Filippini)
* ship logread in qtmoko.deb (Gilles Filippini)
* mokofaen theme (Joif)
* fixed mokofaen build segfault (Gilles Filippini)
* updated doc with missing packages (Tiago Bortoletto Vaz)
There are still some things that needs to be fixed, but it's quite nice
progress since v37.
The biggest change is 3.2 kernel (vanilla NeilBrown's kernel, just packaged
for debian ). The kernel needs more recent gcc to compile - with squeeze
you will get compiler error so i am compiling in sid qemu image.
Thanks to the nice CPU idle patches and other power saving options GTA04 now
nicely charges from USB. It can now operate even without battery. I think
there is only one problem with charging - after the battery reaches max charge
it starts discharging and never starts charging again. But i am not sure about
this, i'll have to try more to confirm it...
As for audio - we now use state files like on Freerunner - i have decided to
use them for now, because they are more simple to customize on running system.
I might change this back to amixer later.
Sound in GSM calls is now also working - i am using simple script  for it.
For debugging purposes it runs in terminal so that you can see output from it.
You can get rid of the terminal if you copy umts-sound-route-start-internal.sh
to umts-sound-route-start.sh in /opt/qtmoko/bin.
There is still problems with GSM calls that other site hears echo and you will
need to set silent profile in Qtmoko's settings to have sound in incoming call.
You can expect the version for Freerunner during next week. There will be not
many visible changes. One can be smaller image - thanks to Gilles and Tiago
for work on the debian package.
More information about the Gta04-owner