[Gta04-owner] Is it safe to play with NAND without AUX button?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Jan 29 13:14:14 CET 2012

On Sunday 29 January 2012 10:55:38 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Hi Radek,
> brief answer.
>
> replacement buttons @ DigiKey: P10850SCT-ND
>
> boot order is same as BeagleBoard:
> http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard#User_button
>
> AUX button is important if NAND contains X-Loader image with valid checksum
> but is broken (in source code).

Thanks for reply, i have one more question. Can i use piece of wire (without
soldering) instead of the button? Here [1] is picture how it looks now. The
contacts look quite big. Which of the 4 contacts should i connect to emulate
AUX press? I can try in linux that it works first.

   /
  /  3 4
 /  1 2

Btw my goal is to have always working system in NAND so that i can mount SD
card and test new distros without having to always remove back cover, SIM and
SD card.

Regards

Radek

[1]