[Gta04-owner] GTA04: gyroscope and compass drivers added/made working

Christoph Mair christoph.mair at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 09:27:08 CET 2012

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> wrote:
> "Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller" <hns at goldelico.com> writes:
>
>> Now we have all sensors working: Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyroscope,
>> Compass, Touch screen. And some of them even have a built-in thermometer.
>
> Can I just check: I don't believe my GTA04A3 has any of these sensors,
> because I didn't explicitly ask or pay for them.  Is that right?  (I
> guess it might be possible that some of them were included anyway.)

IIRC all of the GTA04A3 boards have these sensors. Just look for a
sqare component next to the OMAP/WLan Chips with a metallic cover and
a small hole in the middle (pictures:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/I2C_Pressure_Sensor). This is the
barometer. The other chips are not so easy to spot and I can't
remember their positions right now. But if you have one, you should
have all of them.

Regards,
  Christoph