[Gta04-owner] GTA04: gyroscope and compass drivers added/made working

xdrudis xdrudis at tinet.cat
Mon Jan 23 23:50:48 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 09:32:34PM +0100, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
> I have added (or made working) the ITG3200 and HMC5883L drivers
> in the 2.6.32-Kernel.

Thanks for your work

> For the HMC5883L there is still some bug where the X channel shows
> -4096 unless the device is oriented almost upright.

Is this a bug or it is just measuring gravity ?
I know nothing of accelerometers nor have I read datasheets, but
from http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Technical:Accelerometer_Fundamentals
it would seem detecting 1g in one axis is normal. If you rotate
the board 90 degrees does it read the same in another axis ?