[Gta04-owner] Serial cable at FOSDEM.

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sat Jan 21 23:50:20 CET 2012

hi,

Would it be possible to get or buy GTA04 serial cables at the FOSDEM.
(My GTA04 was shipped without the serial cable, I looked in every local
electronic shop I know and I failed to find the connector).

A serial cable would permit me to:
 * look at the bootloader, and find a (correct) procedure to make the
installation of SHR on NAND possible(so people could use the microsd slot for
a microsd containing data like music)
 * later on maybe debug early boot problems(like allignement issues due to
compiler problems) or do kernel development(I'm currently busy with the alsa
forwarding and userspace. so maybe later....).
 * if usbnet fails and that touchscreen is uncalibrated or doesn't work it's
better to have a serial console, that sometimes happen for instance at kernels
changes.

Denis.