[Gta04-owner] 3D printed GTA04 case

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Thu Jan 19 12:24:24 CET 2012

Am 19.01.2012 um 11:05 schrieb Denis Shulyaka:

> 2012/1/15 xdrudis <xdrudis at tinet.cat>:
>> On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 11:44:48AM +0100, Lukas Märdian wrote:
>>>
>>> The remaining parts of the GTA04 case (including the stereo speaker
>>> bracket) are now available for purchase and download at my shapeways
>>> shop (http://www.shapeways.com/shops/slyon).
>>>
>>> They are still untested, though. I ordered them yesterday and they'll
>>> hopefully arrive till I've to leave for FOSDEM.
>>>

>> Great! Congratulations!.
>> Thanks a lot for the cases.
>> Let's hope they fit great and hold all the parts right.
>> And if the rest of components are obtanaible let's hope for
>> a kind of group tour for complete phones soon. And that
>> to bring critical mass for the hardware to become sustainable.
>>

> Speaking of the remaining parts, what can we do about GSM/GPS
> antennas, earpeace speaker and vibracall motor?

We plan to provide a Case-Kit with all these "missing" components.

But we have to make the "from stock" GTA04A4 main
board ready for shipment first (testing, packaging, putting
into boxes, adding stickers etc.).

Some more production problems have appeared (e.g. the
U.FL plug was mounted in 180 degree rotation). But I
don't want to describe that in detail since it is the task of
the production company to solve and fix them (and not us).
We just have to find out what they should fix - and that is
really time consuming if each broken board has a different
symptom.