[Gta04-owner] Openmoko Community Survey 2011 – Results

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Jan 17 07:51:40 CET 2012

Am 17.01.2012 um 07:21 schrieb NeilBrown:

> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 06:37:12 +0200 Eikka Laakso <eikka.laakso at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> When the kernel problems are gone, suspend works and it is possible to
>> announce that GTA04 works better after a few months of life than GTA02
>> after almost 4 years of its original shipping date. That will be the day
>> when most of the GTA02 owners are willing to place the order.
>
> I suspect you are correct.
>

>> After Openmoko pulled the rug out, I was angry and didn't want to put
>> any money on developer hardware unless I was sure. I use my freerunner
>> as a daily phone and some of the hardware bugs still infuriate me.
>> However I did participate in the GTA04 group tour since it seems that in
>> many ways GTA04 is in better shape than my GTA02 was after I already had
>> it for a year. Only place where I see that there might be a showstopper
>> hwbug lurking is suspend/standby time, but I'm confident that it's a
>> software bug or if not, it will be found before the group tour goes
>> production.
>>
>> In my mind you already have created the best phone/gadget/toy/pc in the
>> universe. Now I just need to have it in my hands with a working kernel :).
>
> Maybe we need to get the more boards in the hands of kernel developers....
>
>    http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-omap/msg62903.html
>
> :-)

It turns out to be sort of a hen&egg problem...

We need more boards for kernel developers to get more people interested
in more boards...

What I think is if you can identify two or three persons who really can and
want contribute to the kernel, that we do another kickstart and/or
use donation money to provide them a GTA04 asap.