[Gta04-owner] Openmoko Community Survey 2011 – Results

Eikka Laakso eikka.laakso at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 05:37:12 CET 2012

Hi

When the kernel problems are gone, suspend works and it is possible to
announce that GTA04 works better after a few months of life than GTA02
after almost 4 years of its original shipping date. That will be the day
when most of the GTA02 owners are willing to place the order.

After Openmoko pulled the rug out, I was angry and didn't want to put
any money on developer hardware unless I was sure. I use my freerunner
as a daily phone and some of the hardware bugs still infuriate me.
However I did participate in the GTA04 group tour since it seems that in
many ways GTA04 is in better shape than my GTA02 was after I already had
it for a year. Only place where I see that there might be a showstopper
hwbug lurking is suspend/standby time, but I'm confident that it's a
software bug or if not, it will be found before the group tour goes
production.

In my mind you already have created the best phone/gadget/toy/pc in the
universe. Now I just need to have it in my hands with a working kernel :).

  -Eikka