[Gta04-owner] Now that 3.2-final is out...

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sun Jan 15 11:52:16 CET 2012

Hi there,

NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> writes:

> The "merge" branch of
>    git://neil.brown.name/gta04
> now contains a merge off all my different "topic" branches based on 3.2.
>
> Also there is now a "3.2-gta04" branch which I plan to keep 'stable'.
> i.e. I will only add things to it and I won't be pulling 3.3-rc stuff into it.
> (3.2-gta04 is currently identical to 'merge')

I just compiled a new kernel from 3.2-gta04 (bb54650b).  I'm seeing an
unadvertised thing with powering on, which I thought I should report.

When I press the power button to power on, the GTA04 doesn't completely
boot up.  I see the splash penguin; then the screen blanks and the LED
goes green; then the LED goes off; and then nothing - it appears now
that the GTA04 has completely switched itself off again.

(This is with the USB cable unplugged.)

Now, if I open the back cover and remove and replace the battery, the
GTA04 boots up normally and fully.  So the problem above is not caused
by low battery.

Any thoughts / ideas?  This is quite repeatable, so I could get
diagnostics if you tell me how...

Thanks,
     Neil