[Gta04-owner] Replicant for GTA04?

PaulK paulk at paulk.fr
Sun Jan 15 10:55:44 CET 2012

Le jeudi 05 janvier 2012 à 20:47 +0000, Neil Jerram a écrit :
> PaulK <paulk at paulk.fr> writes:
>
> > I wonder what would be the best thing to do. I could either:
> > * try to reach the 666€ to have a board as soon as possible
> > * pay for one in the Group Tour (474 or 500€), assuming that if the
> > required number of orders isn't reached, I'll have money back and no
> > device, so I will have the following options: try to reach 666€, wait
> > for another GroupTour and keep the money around, or give it back to the
> > donators (assuming that there will be some money lost with transfert).
>
> I'd be happy with any of those options.
>
> > http://www.kickstarter.com seems to be a good place to set this up. Does
> > it seem a good idea to you? Do you know better alternatives?
>
> http://www.kickstarter.com looks good to me, although I haven't had any
> long or really close experience with it.

I tried to set this up in kickstarter.com but it turned out that I need
to be an US citizen or something like that.

Good news is that people at the Free Software Foundation are working to
set up directed donations to free software projects, and Replicant will
be part of these projects. I think it would be the best place to set
this up, and donations will perhaps be tax-deductible for US citizens
(I'll ask). They're currently reviewing some aspects with the lawyer,
which takes more time than expected.

I also ordered a new GTA02 (mine misses some parts like the GPS
antenna), so I'll be able to port Replicant to GTA04 in the best
conditions.

Thanks to everyone for their support!

--
Paul Kocialkowski