[Gta04-owner] Kubuntu-Mobile on GTA04

David Lanzendörfer david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch
Sat Jan 14 16:49:02 CET 2012

> On Sat, Jan 14, 2012 at 3:13 AM, David Lanzendörfer
> <david.lanzendoerfer at o2s.ch> wrote:
> > Howdy
> > Took some break from the exam preparations next Monday, in order to test Kubuntu-Mobile on GTA04
> > together with NeilBrown's kernel version 3.2
> >
> > So far, it boot's up well, starts the plasma-mobile desktop, looks awesome
> > charges, even Wifi works; at first
>
> Great news! Can you share your SD-Image? Or write a installation howto?
I used the preinstalled image for OMAP3 from the Kubuntu page:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu-mobile/releases/11.04/release/

Then I overwrote their MLO, uImage, u-boot.bin, etc. with the GTA04's ones.

I chrooted into the rootfs ( http://blog.the-leviathan.ch/?p=255 )
and installed openssh-server.

Also I added g_ether to the modules which should be autoloaded on bootup.

And I added the /etc/network/interfaces config for autostarting usb0

> Christoph
-lev