[Gta04-owner] 3D printed GTA04 case

Lukas Märdian lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 14 11:44:48 CET 2012

Hi.

On 08.01.2012 20:06, Benjamin Deering wrote:

> This looks promising.  For the next piece, could you do the GTA01
> speaker bracket?  I have 2 freerunners and I would mute one of them if
> it would let me have stereo sound from my GTA04.  As I understand it,
> everyone could use the GTA01 bracket even if they only have one speaker.

The remaining parts of the GTA04 case (including the stereo speaker
bracket) are now available for purchase and download at my shapeways
shop (http://www.shapeways.com/shops/slyon).

They are still untested, though. I ordered them yesterday and they'll
hopefully arrive till I've to leave for FOSDEM.

> I wonder if the battery cover could be painted with plastic etching
> spraypaint?  I may have to get one of the printed covers as one of my
> current covers has a hole drilled in it for my infrared thermometer.
>
> Ben

I guess painting the parts should be possible. This will probably even
make a smoother finish.

Lukas