[Gta04-owner] 3D printed GTA04 case

Andreas Kemnade andreas at kemnade.info
Tue Jan 10 21:35:07 CET 2012

Hi,

On Mon, 02 Jan 2012 21:36:05 +0100
Lukas Märdian <lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> The modified .stl file is available as download at my Shapeways site.
>
> I removed the space for the rubber, making the surface thicker, so there
> is a flat surface.

on
http://misc.andi.de1.cc/f1.jpg
http://misc.andi.de1.cc/f2.jpg

there are first tries to print your stl file with my reprap.
It  was printed using PLA. I used the tower module of skeinforge to reduce
head movings across the empty space and so reduce oozing.
 One of the bridges  failed, it seems that there is not enough space where the
bridge can touch the two supports. It feels more soft than the original one.

Maybe using ABS might improve things.

Greetings
Andreas Kemnade