[Gta04-owner] Now that 3.2-final is out...

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sun Jan 8 11:45:57 CET 2012

NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> writes:

> Also I started a wiki page to describe the current status in detail:
>
>    http://projects.goldelico.com/p/gta04-kernel/page/Mainline-Status/

This is really great.  I have a couple of questions.

Regarding suspend: what is the normal method for requesting a suspend?

Regarding the AUX and Power buttons: are they reported as KEY_PHONE and
KEY_POWER ? (as discussed in a thread about the hw-validation kernel here:
http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2011-November/000678.html).

(I haven't built 3.2-final myself yet.  I did build 3.2-rc7+ a couple of
days ago, and it's working fine for me.)

> Also is there a simple way I can get a half-decent GSM antenna attached to
> the bare board?  With no antenna I get a signal strength of about '1' so I
> can see the carrier but that is about all.

Ah, that's interesting.  I am seeing low strength too, when running
QtMoko, but I thought it might just be a temporary thing.

Regards,
       Neil