[Gta04-owner] 3D printed GTA04 case

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Tue Jan 3 19:36:36 CET 2012

On Tue, 3 Jan 2012, Lukas Märdian wrote:

>> I played a little bit with Blender 3D and the Neo 1973 CAD files. After
>> quite some time of learning how to use a 3D modeling software, I
>> modified a Openmoko CAD file (battery cover) and printed it via Shapeways.
>>
>> Today I found the result in my mail box and I'm pretty impressed! It
>> fits just perfectly on my Freerunner case.
>>
>> Please have a look at my blog [1], where I described my effort and order
>> this part at Shapeways [2], if you're interested.

Hi Lukas,

I've just ordered your cover in 'Frosted Ultra Detail' and am now curious
about the result and will of course report.
Shapeways does a nice job because the price is really reasonable low and I
long time tracked the possibility of 3D printing. Modifying the CAD files
really could help, since the original ones obviously don't print, but any
lightweighter solution would help as well.

A.