[Gta04-owner] 3D printed GTA04 case

Lukas Märdian lukasmaerdian at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 3 18:41:08 CET 2012

Am 02.01.2012 19:47, schrieb Lukas Märdian:
> Hey!
>
> I played a little bit with Blender 3D and the Neo 1973 CAD files. After
> quite some time of learning how to use a 3D modeling software, I
> modified a Openmoko CAD file (battery cover) and printed it via Shapeways.
>
> Today I found the result in my mail box and I'm pretty impressed! It
> fits just perfectly on my Freerunner case.
>
> Please have a look at my blog [1], where I described my effort and order
> this part at Shapeways [2], if you're interested.
>
> BR,
> Lukas
>
> [1] http://blog.slyon.de/2012/01/02/building-a-case-for-the-goldelico-gta04/
> [2] http://www.shapeways.com/shops/slyon

I just uploaded version 1.1, where I fixed a little bug:
The outside at the position where the original cover had the hole was
0.1 mm higher than it should.

Fixing this even reduced the price, as it seems to be one layer less to
print.

If one of you is interested, I'd suggest using the "White Strong &
Flexible Polished" or "Frosted Detail" material, as those seem to have a
smoother finish than the "White Strong & Flexible".

Further more I removed all material options which probably won't work
(as stated by their specs).

BR,
Lukas