[Gta04-owner] Status GTA04 GroupTour

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 13:06:51 CET 2012

2011/12/30 Xavi Drudis Ferran <xdrudis at tinet.cat>:
> We're only trying to get 350 subscribers to the group tour, not yet conquering the
> world.

Yes, I was just (re)iterating possible reasons why even that seems hard.

> It just occurred to me that maybe GD can offer to buy back your GTA02 if you buy
> a complete GTA04 from stock. So you pay 750 EUR in advance, get your GTA04
> and once you have it working, you send your GTA02 and get some of that money
> back when GD receives it and tests it. GD spends some money buying the GTA02
> but it comes from the complete GTA04 already sold, and keeps the possibility of
> selling a new complete GTA04 from the bought GTA02.

Now this is something that should have been there from the beginning -
sounds really good for reaching a bit more of the GTA02 owners. Of
course there is the problem that new GTA04:s cannot be built until
some of the GTA02:s have been gotten back, in the worst situation
leading to a serious bottle-neck of waiting.

> The question is for how much would
> people sell their old GTA02 ? How many complete GTA04 can still be sold ?

I'd probably just put the complete GTA04-for-a-GTA02 price high enough
that there is the incentive to "rebate", ie. to get a portion of the
price back via sending GTA02, instead of forgetting to send the GTA02
back. Monetarily wise GTA02 probably doesn't value very high nowadays
as such, but on the other hand new ones cannot be bought (much) and
it's invaluable in getting oneself a GTA04...

-Timo