[Gta04-owner] Detect Call Hangup / Option Datasheet

Simon Busch morphis at gravedo.de
Sun Jan 1 21:52:38 CET 2012

On 01.01.2012 20:51, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 20:34, Marcel Holtmann<marcel at holtmann.org>  wrote:
>> Hi David,

>>> Why ofono?
>>> Why not fso?
>>> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Installation#Installation_of_Plasma_Active_from_sources
>>> http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=libfso-qt.git;a=summary
>>>
>>> These two components together might open the door to KDE4 on SmartPhones,
>>> which may further allow us to rebuild a PIM ecosystem similar to Apple's one
>>> over Akonadi.
>>>
>>> Only that our clowds may also be located at home and made assesible over dyndns.
>>>
>>> In my opinion, making support for FSO on GTA04 and porting plasma-active to it
>>> would be much more logical then reinventing the wheel the 1000th time
>>> with Intel's ego-project OPhono... -.-
>>
>> except that Intel's oFono actually got finished after 2.5 years of
>> development and has full support for GSM/UMTS full phone modem handling
>> including full EF reading and also SIM Toolkit support.
>>
>> Check for yourself if you do not believe me and compare it:
>>
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=network/ofono/ofono.git;a=blob;f=doc/features.txt
>>
>> I find it also funny that FSO had to borrow the SMS and PPP handling
>> from the ego-project ;)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Marcel
>
> Please don't spread FUD. SMS and PPP support was in FSO even before
> oFono was announced at all, the only code borrowed was lowlevel ISI
> handling - so only Nokia N900 specific code.

Thats wrong. We're using the lowlevel C code from ofono to handle SMS
messages in fsogsmd. We're using their PPP implemementation for the
pdp_ppp_internal plugin in fsogsmd too. Both parts were well done by the
oFono project and I am happy we're using them and not a
buggy-self-written implementation.

regards,
Simon

--