[Gta04-owner] Detect Call Hangup / Option Datasheet

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sun Jan 1 21:08:09 CET 2012

Am 01.01.2012 um 20:59 schrieb Marcel Holtmann:

> Hi Nikolaus,
>
> <snip>
>
>>> As a conclusion, a direct contact with Option to get the firmware
>>> actually fixed and extended to be used as a voice call modem is the only
>>> way to go. Otherwise you have an expensive data only modem in a phone
>>
>> thank you very much for those comments.
>>
>> I will try to get them sorted out with our contact to Option (unfortunately
>> it is not direct but through a distributor).
>
> if you figure out direct contact with Option, I am happy to help you
> with getting this all sorted. oFono utilizes the modems at their maximum
> and thus we can get you detailed AT command traces for almost every
> single problem we have faced with other modem manufactures. Besides
> voice call handling, I think we have the Option modem fully supported
> already.

That would indeed be helpful.

>>> form factor. Or you start looking at getting Telit or IFX based modems.
>>
>> We did that and at the time we decided, their modems were horribly
>> big. So we would have had to sacrifice the handsfree speakers to
>> get it into the existing case...
>
> The Telit modem is indeed not small. At least the ones that I have seen
> so far.
>
> And most likely Infineon (actually Intel now) might not wanna give you a
> good deal or small quantities for the 6260 or similar modems. Have you
> tried to ask?

Only with manufacturers of complete modules. The key issue we have
is that we need a module and not a chipset. I.e. we can't build our
own modem.

With a chipset and access to the firmware we would have to pay for
full FCC and R&TTE certifications... With a complete pre-certified
module we simply write "contains FCC ID abcdef".