[Gta04-owner] Detect Call Hangup / Option Datasheet

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Sun Jan 1 20:34:53 CET 2012

Hi David,

> > 2) With the help of the ofono guys I added basic support for voicecalls
> > of the GTA04 to ofono (not upstream). Unfortunately this is quite
> > difficult to begin with, making and taking calls works just fine, but it
> > does seem impossible to detect if the call partner hung up, either
> > before accepting (=sending to voicemail and such) or after (hanging up a
> > successful call).
> Why ofono?
> Why not fso?
> http://community.kde.org/Plasma/Active/Installation#Installation_of_Plasma_Active_from_sources
> http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=libfso-qt.git;a=summary
>
> These two components together might open the door to KDE4 on SmartPhones,
> which may further allow us to rebuild a PIM ecosystem similar to Apple's one
> over Akonadi.
>
> Only that our clowds may also be located at home and made assesible over dyndns.
>
> In my opinion, making support for FSO on GTA04 and porting plasma-active to it
> would be much more logical then reinventing the wheel the 1000th time
> with Intel's ego-project OPhono... -.-

except that Intel's oFono actually got finished after 2.5 years of
development and has full support for GSM/UMTS full phone modem handling
including full EF reading and also SIM Toolkit support.

Check for yourself if you do not believe me and compare it:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=network/ofono/ofono.git;a=blob;f=doc/features.txt

I find it also funny that FSO had to borrow the SMS and PPP handling
from the ego-project ;)

Regards

Marcel