[Gta04-owner] The status of suspend.

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Sun Jan 1 10:59:35 CET 2012

On Sat, 31 Dec 2011 12:29:09 +0000 Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:

> On Friday 30 December 2011 06:55:12 NeilBrown wrote:
>
> >   So to all the early adopters with a board to play with:  If you have time
> >   I would really appreciate if it you could reproduce these results and
> >   confirm that the power drain is a general problem.
>
> Hi,
> i am now playing with it. I have ammeter between battery and one of the power
> pins on the phone. Unfurtunately my ammeter has 2 ranges - 200mA which is not
> enough to keep the phone on and 10A which has bad resolution.
>
> However i have measured 0.07 on the 10A range which is ~70mA in suspend.

That's great, thanks.  It confirms that the high current I see isn't just a
problem with my board.  I didn't really think it was, but I wanted to rule it
out.

I think the next step is to understand why we see:

[ 1853.104553] Powerdomain (usbhost_pwrdm) didn't enter target state 1

and fix that.  I probably won't try too hard until after 3.3-rc1 as it is
entirely possible that something already queued up will fix it.

Thanks,
NeilBrown