[Gta04-owner] Updates for 3.2-gta04 kernel.

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sun Feb 26 12:30:03 CET 2012

Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:

> NeilBrown <neilb at suse.de> writes:
>
>> I recommend compiling with
>>    make gta04a3_nodebug_defconfig
>>    make
>>
>> With all the debugging removed, my gta04 will wake from suspend in under 1
>> second which is soooo much nicer than my freerunner.
>
> Will do, thanks.  Previously I've been using gta04a3_defconfig.

For some reason, with this new kernel, I don't get a working USB
connection between phone and laptop.

On the phone, 'lsmod' indicates that 'g_ether' is loaded, and 'ifconfig'
says that the usb0 interface is up and running, with the usual
192.168.0.202 address.  So I'd tend to think that the problem was at the
laptop end - except that the laptop hasn't changed (or even rebooted)
since a few minutes ago when I copied the new kernel and modules onto
the phone.

Any thoughts?  It's not urgent; I can always revert to the previous
kernel for the time being.

Thanks,
     Neil