[Gta04-owner] 3D printed GTA04 case

Josua Mayer josua.mayer97 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 26 00:15:28 CET 2012

Am 25.02.2012 12:38, schrieb Lukas Märdian:
> On 24.02.2012 22:29, Alexander Lehner wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, Lukas Märdian wrote:
>>
>>> Hey!
>>>
>>> Today I received the next prototypes of the 3D printed case for the
>>> GTA04 from Shapeways:
>>> Front cover + Speaker bottom (pictures are attached)
>>>
>>> I ordered the front in "Frosted Detail", which is a really great
>>> material. It's very smooth and has a translucent appearance (like those
>>> half-transparent GameBoys).
>>>
>>> I have a complete 3D printed case for my GTA04 now ? that's awesome!
>>> Still, the middle part needs some more work, as the buttons don't work
>>> quite well, yet.
>>>
>>> Basically the status is like this, at the moment:
>>> Battery cover        ? done.
>>> Stereo Speaker top    ? done.
>>> Stereo Speaker bottom    ? done.
>>> Front Cover        ? done.
>>>      Should be tested with a "Strong&  Flexible" material as well.
>>
>> Lukas - great job!
>> I've just ordered the front part in 'white strong&  flexible polished'
>> and in 'black strong&  flexible'.
>> I'll let you know about my experiences as usual.
>>
>> Apart from that it's always fun, to add some of these little shapeways
>> toys to the basket ;)
>>
>> Thanks for your efforts -
>>
>> Alex.
>>
> Hi,
>
> excellent!
> I'm very glad you help to test the parts. :)
>
> Please note that 'White Strong&  Flexible Polished' is unsupported at
> the moment (as stated at the project page), as the polishing process
> negatively influences the fit.
>
> Furthermore, I've just updated the project page (and Shapeways) with
> some better pics, which are also attached.
>
> Cheers,
>    Lukas

Hi

I'd like to say that these pictures look very promising and I like the
white much more than the black color of my freerunner. I am wondering if
you will work on a version that already has the necessary hole for the
optional camera module so people(including me) dont have to make it
manually.

Josua