[Gta04-owner] Data connection with ofono and connman

Neil Jerram neil at ossau.homelinux.net
Sat Feb 25 22:55:03 CET 2012

Neil Jerram <neil at ossau.homelinux.net> writes:

> This works, [...]

A few further questions about connmand, if I may:

1. Should connmand (on my GTA04) detect the USB cable connection
(between GTA04 and laptop) as an Ethernet service?  Currently I don't
get anything about 'ethernet' from test/test-manager or
test/list-services, even though I did build connman with
--enable-ethernet.

2. Should it be possible to enable tethering between the GSM data
connection and the USB connection?  E.g. to provide Internet
connectivity to my laptop when I'm out and about?

3. If so, should the command for (2) be 'test/enable-tethering ethernet'
or 'test/enable-tethering cellular' ?

By the way, if people (i.e. mainly Marcel, I guess) would prefer me to
ask these questions on some different list, please do say so -- but I
expect they probably will be of interest to GTA04 users.

Regards,
        Neil