[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v40, no calls possible

Rainer Nerb rainer at it-nerb.org
Tue Feb 21 19:49:23 CET 2012

Am 21.02.2012 18:24, schrieb Radek Polak:
> On Tuesday 21 February 2012 17:31:39 Rainer Nerb wrote:
>
>> I just wanted to share my experiences with my GTA04 and hope to get some
>> help:
> Hi,
> i expect that you have newer GTA04A04?
yes
>>      * every no and then after booting QtMoko doesn't start completely.
>>        It shows "no network" and when switching to task manager and back,
>>        there's the screen for entering the PIN but it's without an unlock
>>        button. This does even happen with SIMs on which PIN is disabled.
>>        After rebooting (sometimes more than one restart necessary) QtMoko
>>        starts normally.
> Maybe you could try to enable logging (in Settings->Logging) and "Modem AT
> commands" category and send log when it happens. Log messages are in
> /var/log/messages
OK, see "messages_at_commands". The first boot is the failed one, the
next one succeeded.
>>      * calling out works so far that the remote phone rings, but there's
>>        only a click and a text-message indicating "gsm-voice-routing
>>        started". I can neither here a dial tone nor the person answering
>>        the call. The called person also can't hear anything. Sometimes
>>        messages about a broken pipe show up during calls.
> Again log would be nice - this time with "Audio state" logging category. And
> please also try to comment out this line:
>
> 	export GSM_VOICE_ROUTING_LOGFILE=/dev/tty0
>
> in /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env

text-messages gone (of course, after logging to tty0 was stopped), log
file=messages_audio_state
>>      * bluetooth doesn't (maybe not yet implemented?)
> It has currently problems with 3.2 kernel.
>
>>      * playing sound-files via speakers is working, but volume can't be
>>        adjusted (when trying to turn it down, it grew louder and ended in
>>        noise).
> In which application? QMplayer or the default player?
it was QMplayer (never saw any file in the default player, no artist,
album), but for some reason the problem is gone now (I re-formatted my
ext3-partition before re-testing an re-installed mplayer etc.)
so right now I can't reproduce the behaviour
>>      * in "Power Management" I'm unable to set things for "When locked":
>>        immediately after selecting this option the screen turns black and
>>        my only option is to restart the device via ssh.
> There is slider - it works even when screen is dim - it's uncomfortable but it
> work.

will try to find it in the dark (any alternative configuration-file?)
>> Hope those descriptions are understandable and sufficient, otherwise
>> just indicate what else is needed.
> Perfect :)
>
>> Thanks for all your work so far...
>> Rainer