[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v40 for GTA04

xdrudis xdrudis at tinet.cat
Sun Feb 19 11:13:20 CET 2012

Test v40

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 03:43:16PM +0100, Radek Polak wrote:
>   * using /dev/ttyHS_Application for gta04 modem (and udev rule for it)

My phone says no modem but I have tested it little. It didn't
say so with v39. Will try to check what it is /dev/ttyHS_Application
exists and is configured in /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env or some such file.

>   * gps should be working on gta04

with 39 NeronGPS  said no device, now with 40 it says wait for fix, and
the counter restarts after some minutes, so it may get some fix.
But I have tested without cartography or network and didn't
understand whether it all was correct. It was better than before for sure.

> Incoming calls should work just fine now. Some more work is needed for for
> outgoing calls - which should be simple and you can expect this in next
> release. The crazy behavior with missed calls should be now gone. So with some
> luck you can have quite nice working phone.

Not sure why it says no modem.Can't phone or send SMS, does not
ask for pin. Las week I tried it with older qtmoko and often
without sim. Maybe I changed some prefrence to not ask for
pin but I reformatted all with qtmoko 40, so I guess it won't
remember any settings.

Will test more, sorry I'm in a hurry