[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Feb 18 15:20:34 CET 2012

On Saturday 18 February 2012 09:07:52 Bob Ham wrote:

> On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 10:33 +0100, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> I believe the choice of upgrading the firmware should be the user's.  It
> doesn't seem right for those who are do not wish to deal with increased
> complexity, to restrict those who wish to upgrade their firmware for
> increased battery life.

From my POV we should make modem and calls make working and reliable first and
then think about improving power usage.

Today i had call with terrible sound quality - i think i was getting underruns
or overruns. Maybe we should increase the routing program priority to maximum?

I will also remove the progress debug writes to tty0 - it can be slow (at
least it was very very slow on GTA02).

And btw - the biggest problem for me now is still the 60mA in suspend. I think
this is much more important then talk time, because too many charging cycles
are slowly killing the battery.

Regards

Radek