[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Sat Feb 18 10:07:52 CET 2012

On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 10:33 +0100, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> While we can suspect that it could be possible to upgrade firmware, this is beyond
> our current capabilities. First of all, we don't know how a firmware upgrade
> can be done and if it is succesful and/or introduces other bugs that we
> find out only after we have done the upgrade. Then we may have to repeat.
> And our users will have different firmware versions installed and the middleware

> Therefore, it is IMHO wasted time to think about such changes or upgrades.
> It is much easier to see that we have a bug (and everyone has the same one.
> Which simplifies our life) and find a workaround in our software.

I believe the choice of upgrading the firmware should be the user's.  It
doesn't seem right for those who are do not wish to deal with increased
complexity, to restrict those who wish to upgrade their firmware for
increased battery life.

Will OPTION provide information on upgrading the firmware to we
consumers or will they only deal with manufacturers, i.e. Golden
Delicious?

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }