[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Butrus Damaskus butrus.butrus at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 01:07:45 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Marcel Holtmann <marcel at holtmann.org> wrote:
> Hi Butrus,
>
>> > we already fixed this bug with CLCC polling inside oFono. That is not
>> > the problem.
>> >
>> > The one thing that nobody realizes here is that this workaround comes at
>> > a high price. You have to do constant polling while being in an active
>> > call.
>>
>> Really _constant_? Would it be enough to wake once in 2 or 5 seconds
>> (or so)? How much time would one "poll" take? If e.g. it would take
>> say 100ms and you wake every 5 seconds (for example), the overall
>> power consumption would be reduced drastically...
>
> we poll every 500ms since that is the expected latency that we can
> expect from a user. Anything less we result in bad user experience.
>
> Would you be willing to wait 5 seconds before your display shows that
> the remote party hung up the call?

If that would save the battery significantly than yes, 5 seconds
aren't that much (note that many VOIP phones
do wait 5 seconds before dialing a number). I would say that you poll
no more than once in 2 seconds, since anything below that isn't really
noticed by the average user...

> And you need at least second precision for the call history.

This really doesn't seem to me important, especially when receiving a call.