[Gta04-owner] QtMoko v40 for GTA04

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 17 15:43:16 CET 2012

Hi,
QtMoko v40 for GTA04 Phoenux is now available from our sourceforge downloads
page[1]. It's also possible to uprade, but you need to add udev rules for hso
then.

Changes since v39:

  * fixed incoming/missed calls and remote hangup on gta04
  * using /dev/ttyHS_Application for gta04 modem (and udev rule for it)
  * gta04 earpiece is a bit louder
  * reworked wifi plugin (periodic search, easier to use)
  * wifi - make it scan and work on GTA04
  * gps should be working on gta04
  * ugly patch for modem port disappear on GTA04 (apply it manually)
  * arora and profiles have better description
  * added qtmoko apps repository
  * mmcblk0p1 mounted as /boot, p2 as / and p3 as /media/card

Incoming calls should work just fine now. Some more work is needed for for
outgoing calls - which should be simple and you can expect this in next
release. The crazy behavior with missed calls should be now gone. So with some
luck you can have quite nice working phone.

We can also handle modem disappear and reappear on usb (which happens most
probably if you miss call in 3G covered area - this is just my theory ;-). In
this case you can have the phone unresponsive for few seconds, but it should
be fine after that.

Btw for those who have not followed GTA04 mailing list. We detect phone calls
in GTA04 with CLCC polling - it has to be measured how that affects battery.

I have made a bit louder the default alsa state for phone calls - i havent
played with this very much, but i think you will start getting echo if you
make it louder. But if you want to play with this and come with better state i
will be glad to use it as default.

Wifi should now work in Settings->Internet. There are some cosmetic bugs, but
it now performs periodic scanning and connects on one click.

It would be nice if someone could try if GPS works - just run the NeronGPS
application and wait if it gets fix. I cant try myself, because i have not gps
fixed GTA04A03.

Any bug reports but also positive feed back is welcome.

Regards

Radek

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/qtmoko/files/GTA04/