[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Fri Feb 17 10:02:57 CET 2012

Hi Radek,

> > > Why should they implement and certify voice commands, PCM audio
> > > interface and so on if it were a data call only modem?
> >
> > either they have a call state notification command and never told you
> > about it or this modem has never been used for voice calls.
> >
> > If anybody would have been serious about using this in a phone type
> > device with voice calls, then a call state notification would exist. The
> > polling is expensive and will drain your battery. In addition doing that
> > on USB is not really battery friendly either.
>
> Btw you can detect that the call ended with arecord - the umts soundcard stops
> sending data...

this is all kinda nice stuff, but fundamentally we need an unsolicited
notification that informs us about call state changes. Everything else
is just wasted time.

Yesterday I realized that even Sierra has included such a command in
their modems.

> I can also do simple test to check how long talk time we have now with sound
> routing and CLCC polling.

If you run oFono it will tell you the call time. It has a built-in call
history framework and you can just write a plugin for it.

Regards

Marcel