[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Marcel Holtmann marcel at holtmann.org
Thu Feb 16 07:48:56 CET 2012

Hi Neil,

> > start it with "env OFONO_AT_DEBUG=1 ofonod -n -d" and you even get the
> > AT command traces.
>
> Below are two oFono logs from me.  In the first one, note that there is
> an error with the CLCC polling:
>
> ofonod[923]: App: < \r\n+CME ERROR: 100\r\n
> ofonod[923]: We are polling CLCC and received an error

this indicates an "Unknown error". Nothing we can do. I can just only
say it again, this Option modem is not a voice call modem. For voice
calls it is a pretty poor choice.

We even tell you that all bets are off now ;)

ofonod[923]: App: < \r\n+CME ERROR: 100\r\n
ofonod[923]: We are polling CLCC and received an error
ofonod[923]: All bets are off for call management

> The consequence of that is that when I cancel the call attempt, on the
> calling phone, oFono doesn't detect that, and so my UI still shows the
> incoming call.

Other real voice call capable modems have an unsolicited notification
for call state changes or at least send NO CARRIER. This modem has
neither and is pretty bad.

> In the second log there is no CLCC error.  oFono detects the remote
> hangup correctly.
>
> For both cases this is all I get in dmesg:
>
> [  236.142547] 3G Wakeup
> [  574.066040] 3G Wakeup
>
> So no sign of modem crashing or disconnecting.
>
> Also of interest may be how oFono appears to iterate through the
> ttyHS<N> devices and determine which of them is the modem.

Actually the kernel driver tells you which TTY is for which operation.

Regards

Marcel