[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Feb 15 16:58:43 CET 2012

On Wednesday 15 February 2012 16:01:40 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> I have forwarded this issue to OPTION. Let's see what they can tell us.

Great, thanks!

> Another idea for a workaround:
> Does QtMoko have a timeout if a AT command does not respond with OK or
> ERROR within let's say 2 seconds? You could then rescan the interfaces and
> reopen the /dev/ttyHS? file.

I think it can still be problem if modem disappears while we dont send
anything. E.g. we can be waiting for another call.

I think the most clean solution is to use netlink or libudev. Udev can notice
device removal/new devices - we can use the same trick. While the device is
removed we can suspend sending AT commands and when it's added we can resume.

Anyway for now I have this ugly patch [1]. It seems to work quite nice and i'd
wait if we get answer from Option and then we can replace it with something
nicer or completely remove it.

Regards

Radek

[1] https://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/devices/gta04/patches/reopen-