[Gta04-owner] Modem crashing?

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Wed Feb 15 09:19:55 CET 2012

On Wednesday 15 February 2012 07:53:43 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Interesting issue. Do you run from battery in this mode?

I have battery inserted and it's connected to USB. But it's same if am just on
battery.

> And do you have
> the device connected to the Freerunner antenna? Theoretically it could be
> some RF impulse or high current impulses that trigger a self-reset.

I have it in my old Freerunner's case, antenna and everything connected.

> One more idea: check with the 2.6.32 kernel and minicom. Then, we can
> exclude that it is a kernel/driver regression.

Same behaviour with 2.6.32.

But i am now nearly sure it's really 3G. QtMoko has 3G/GPRS indicator in
status bar if you add GPRS connection in Settings->Internet. If i see "G"
(gprs) the incomming call is ok. If there is "3G" modem always disconnect
after you hang the remote phone up.

It would be nice if there was a way to force the modem to use 2G. N900 for
example can do this.

Btw i will test it with PIN, but later - i can't enable PIN now.

Regards

Radek