[Gta04-owner] Updated FAQ [ Btrfs? ]

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 16:15:55 CET 2012

On Sunday 12 February 2012 06:58:38 Glenn wrote:
> On 12/02/12 06.18, Glenn wrote:
> > On 12/02/12 00.01, Jack Jones wrote:
> >> And Chris you will know the latest 3. kernel uses a different
> >> filesystem strycture--brtfs.
> > Do you mean?:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Btrfs
> Btrfs is (almost) to good to be true ;-) :
... Change that to _almost_ ...

> Quote: "...
> * Checksums on data and metadata (currently CRC-32C[10])

There's no fsck.btrfs yet. I don't think there's _much_ wrong with the (not
yet backed up) photo's on my external storage, but according to btrfs there
are 5 incorrect checksums. The result is a totally unmoutable and, to the best
of my knowledge, unreadable and unrecoverable (in case anyone is better
informed, I'd be glad!).

For the rest, I quite like btrfs as well ;-)

Boudewijn