[Gta04-owner] Some questions about the GTA04A4

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sat Feb 11 19:58:53 CET 2012

>So its possible to get 100% working display stuff without using a single
>closed-source library if you dont need 3D?
right.

>If so, that's probably more open
>than other PowerVR devices I have seen like the Nokia N900 where
>closed-libraries are required even for 2D (libraries like libpvr2d.so and
>libsrv_um.so)
I wouldn't say they are required, on SHR they are not required.

however the n900 is very badly supported in SHR(no one works on it, I could
work on it but I think the gta04 is more important...so I work on gta02 and
gta04 currently).
also the n900 has:
 * a non-free signed bootloader
 * a working GPS is attached to the modem.

Denis.