[Gta04-owner] Antwort: Re: Amazing adventures with a brandnew GTA04...

Boudewijn wankelwankel at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 11 01:32:41 CET 2012

On Friday 10 February 2012 23:00:02 Jack Jones wrote:
> some sims most  dont seem to be hot swapable but if you catch the code at
> the riight  place you might get some sort of bastardized or not
> connection,Ive found a modem that works without a sim! it has a slot but
> once your subscribed and connected to a provider you can take the sim out
> and it still connects!

I once heard someone saying the SIM is (techincally) not needed anymore.
Telco's can (and do) mandate the use, because that way it is much easier to
bind the customer/consumer. As long as people believe it's necessary, they
won't balk and demand more transparency and flexibility.

OT: in the Netherlands there will be a MVNO targeted at hackers and geeks in a
while (Limesco), allowing to route your own calls and for example set up SIP
gateways and routing to and from your mobile number. I'm not sure yet what the
(im)possibilities with the SIM will be, but if there's anything fruitful
coming out of it I will post for sure ;-)

Boudewijn