[Gta04-owner] Flashing new GTA04 so that they work out of the box

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 10 12:05:02 CET 2012

On Friday 10 February 2012 11:46:46 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Then, we could flash this QtMoko version into NAND and everyone has a
> booting device - even without SD - and still can create a bootable SD to
> play with?
>
> One issue is that it would mangle default bootloader, u-boot and kernel
> development into QtMoko. Currently they are developed independently.

It doesnt have to be QtMoko. Any distro with fdisk and ssh access could be OK.
It would be best if it wasnt phone distro at all so that we do not favourize
it.

> Another aspect to think of: how stable are download links? Or such links
> must go to download.gta04.org. Or must be fetched from there.

I'd launch web browser which points to e.g. http://distros.gta04.org That
could be simple page with links to latest and stable images of SHR, Debian,
QtMoko, Android and whatever...

Once you click your distro, it would format the partition, download and unpack
the distro there and reboot.

Regards

Radek