[Gta04-owner] GTA04 voice routing now working!

NeilBrown neilb at suse.de
Tue Feb 7 23:23:27 CET 2012

On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 18:27:18 +0100 Andreas Kemnade <andreas at kemnade.info>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 7 Feb 2012 09:59:03 +0100
> Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
>

> > > A gta02 kernel on a gta04?
> >
> > Ahh sorry, i pasted wrong url.
> >
> > > I tried this one instead:
> > > http://qtmoko.sourceforge.net/debian/gta04/linux-image-3.2-qtmoko-gta04_38-
> > > 1_armel.deb Of course I need to boot into it with the gpio186 in the right
> > > state as this kernel does not export it in contrairy to my one (can send
> > > patch for that, if it should be included as an interim solution as long as
> > > there is no more intelligent rfkill mechanism looking at usb devices).
> >
> > Patch would be nice, i am doing new qtmoko release and it would be nice if it
> > worked on GTA04A04.
> >
> here is the patch (changes picked up from the 2.6.32 patch).
> See also the thread about "nothing on usb bus"
>
> Greetings
> Andreas Kemnade

Thanks.
I've added this to my '3.2-gta04' branch of git://neil.brown.name/gta04
along with the fix for the touch screen.

I've also made sure it will be in the next 'merge' release based on 3.3-rcXX

If anyone is wondering what the story is with 3.3-rc - it is a sad story so
far.
I have working code (which I can push out if anyone cares), but power usage
has gone way up - about 130mA idle instead of below 100mA, and it doesn't
reliably suspend - and when it does appear to suspend it doesn't really
decrease power usage.  So there are problems we need to find and fix.
I don't expect 3.3-rc3 to be a whole lot better but I'll probably push what I
have out then just for completeness.

There is a bright side - if adding bugs can increase power usage this much,
then hopefully removing them can reduce it as much and we'll get an idle
usage down at 60mA :-)

NeilBrown