[Gta04-owner] GTA04 voice routing now working!

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Tue Feb 7 13:39:03 CET 2012

Am 07.02.2012 um 13:32 schrieb Radek Polak:

> On Monday 06 February 2012 21:12:26 Andreas Kemnade wrote:
>
>> Tried that, no success with 2.6.32
>>
>> With 3.2 I get
>>
>> r1 (hw:1,0): snd_pcm_readi failed: Input/output error
>> r0 (default): overrun occured: Broken pipe
>
> Btw is this sound routing program needed at all for GTA04A04? IIRC it should
> be capable of HW sound routing.

Yes, it is capable. But this may need an additional kernel
patch so that the McBSP of the CPU and the TPS codec
are not active at the same time. I think we have to add
another "DAI" to the ALSA SoC code.

I hope that I find time to update the manual asap and describe
these changes in detail.

But soft-routing is still a useful tool. E.g. to conntect  to a
bluetooth headset. Or make extend it to have answering
machine capabilities. This is not possible with hardware
routing.